The specific and primary purpose is to establish and maintain a permanent
association for research into and study of the history, traditions, tools, mode
of living, etc., of the trappers, explorers, and traders known as the Mountain
- Further purposes are:
and maintain a permanent museum and research center to house and make
available books, artifacts, films, speakers, etc.
provide a means for the dissemination of information related to our
purposes and objectives.
provide a continuous program of living history.
teach the skills and help develop the abilities which were actually needed
and used by the original Mountain Men.
help preserve the right of all free men to keep and bear arms.
help preserve our native wilderness and wildlife by teaching and
practicing realistic conservation.
help establish brotherhood and trust between our members.
help our members find deep affinity with nature that is a basic and
necessary trait of all true Mountain Men.
- I shall at all times consider a man's private life
none of my business unless he wishes to make it so.
- I shall at all times strive to be a self-reliant
individual, asking for help only if and when it is necessary.
- I shall at all times consider my word a sacred trust,
a bond which is not to be broken.
- I shall at all times respect the personal property of
other members, considering thievery an act deserving contempt.
- Before entering any camp or lodge I shall first make
my presence known, then enter only if invited.
- I shall at no time fire any firearm in camp or give
any other false warning of impending danger.
- During any survival situation, I shall be willing to
divide any food and water I have and give any other assistance to people
found in need.
- I shall take from nature only what I need or can
actually use, practicing good conservation of our native wilderness and
- At any association activity I shall follow the rules
set forth by the Booshway in charge or leave of my own free will.
- I shall at all times strive to improve myself, my
wilderness abilities and my knowledge of nature's law.
Home Page Manuel Lisa